Wednesday 17 September 2014

Xavi: If it were up to me I’d never leave Barcelona

Xavi has made it clear that he cannot imagine seeing himself play against Barcelona and he is keen to stay at his current club until the end of his career. The influential midfielder was heavily linked with a move away from the Camp Nou side this summer, with Manchester United and Bayern Munich allegedly interested in his signature, along with sides in Qatar and the MLS. However, Xavi admits he would find it tough to walk away from the club he has played for throughout his career. "If it was up to me I'd never leave Barcelona," the 34- year-old was quoted as saying by AS. "I could have left many times but my feelings always won out. "I told the club that I didn't want to play for another team in Europe; I didn't want to play against Barcelona. "I would like to end my career here. But circumstances are what decide these things." Xavi's current contract with Barcelona runs until June 2016.

0 comments:

Post a Comment