Saturday 6 September 2014

Munir: My jaw dropped after Spain call-up

Barcelona starlet Munir El Haddadi admits that he was left open-mouthed after being called up to the Spain squad to replace Diego Costa.

The Chelsea forward has left the national squad following their 1-0 defeat to France in order to receive treatment on a hamstring problem. Coach Vicente del Bosque opted to replace Costa with the uncapped Munir for Monday's Euro 2016 qualifier against Macedonia and the 19-year-old could not believe it when the call came.

"When they told me, my mouth fell open. It's a dream to play for the Spain team and I'm very happy," he told reporters.

"I've realised a dream. It's a moment I want to enjoy, an opportunity to take, and to give my best." Munir, who has also been eligible to play for Morocco, says that he would relish the chance to represent Spain at Euro 2016 in two years' time.

"Every trophy you can win is good and to be there would be a hugely proud moment, to play with the Spain team is what I would like to do," he added.

"I've followed the national team every summer that they have played since I was small and now I want to thank my family and friends for supporting me at every turn."

Source: goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment