Friday 5 September 2014

Popular TV Host, Joan Rivers Is Dead

Legendary US Comedienne and TV presenter, Joan Rivers is dead, according to ABC News.
Joan Rivers died on Thursday, September 4 at the age of 81.

Joan Rivers' daughter, Melissa Rivers announced the death of her mother in a statement released.
She said:"It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers. She passed peacefully at 1:17 PM surrounded by family and close friends. My son and I would like to thank the doctors, nurses and staff of Mount Sinai hospital for the amazing care they provided for my mother."
"Cooper and I have found ourselves humbled by the outpouring of love, support and prayers we have received from around the world.They have been heard and appreciated."
"My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh. Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon."

She was rushed to the hospital a week ago after she stopped breathing during a surgical procedure on her vocal cords, in New York on August 28.
Following the incident, it was reported that Joan Rivers was placed on life support in Mount Sinai hospital.

However her daughter, Melissa Rivers in a statement confirmed the improvement in her mother's health on Wednesday, September 3 saying:
"My mother has been moved out of intensive care and into a private room where she is being kept comfortable". Thank you for your continued support."

Joan Rivers, popularly known for her critics, her stand-up comedy, was the co-host of the E! celebrity fashion show Fashion Police.
She was born in 1933. She worked as a writer and fashion consultant before entering show biz as a stand-up comic in the early '60s.
Rivers' first marriage was in 1955 to James Sanger, the son of a Bond Clothing Stores merchandise manager. The marriage lasted six months and was annulled on the basis that Sanger did not want children and had not informed Rivers before the wedding.

Joan River's git married the second time on was on July 15, 1965 to Edgar Rosenberg who committed suicide in 1987. The marriage produced a daughter, Melissa.
Meanwhile Joan Rivers had told The Times of London, four years ago that she "would not want to live if I could not perform. It's in my will. I am not to be revived unless I can do an hour of stand-up. I don't fear it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment