Sunday 7 September 2014

Real Madrid better than Bayern, says Kroos

European championsReal Madridare better than dethroned 2012-13 Champions League winnersBayern Munich, according toToni Kroos.
The midfielder swapped the Allianz Arena, where he has played since his first-team debut in 2007, for the Santiago Bernabeu this summer in a reported £23.7m move.
And Kroos believes that Carlo Ancelotti's men are bigger than the Bavarian giants, but insists that there was no fallout between him and Bayern boss Pep Guardiola which caused him to ditch the Bundesliga for La Liga.
"We are talking about the two biggest teams in the world," he told Bild when asked to compare the two clubs. "However, I think that overall Real Madrid are one step ahead.
"I remember my presentation with Real Madrid where 20,000 people turned up despite me not having played a minute. In Germany that is unthinkable.
"Guardiola had nothing to do with my departure. I understand football just like him, he fine tuned my game and helped me improve as a player.
"My signing has been a 100 per cent about success and I'm happy at Real Madrid."
Xabi Alonso went in the other direction late in the window and the 24-year-old believes the Spain international's experience will help Bayern, despite not seeing any correlation between the Spaniard's switch and his own.
"He is an extraordinary player," Kroos added. "He will help Bayern a lot, I hope. I do not see any connection between my move and Xabi's to Bayern, though."

0 comments:

Post a Comment