Friday 5 September 2014

I have zero disagreements with 'loyal' Ronaldo - Perez

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has insisted he has "zero disagreements" with Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese star admitted at a promotional event earlier this week that he was unhappy with some of the deals the club made during the summer transfer window, with the sales of Angel Di Maria to Manchester United and Xabi Alonso to Bayern Munich having caused particular consternation. "My opinion is very clear but I can't always say what I think. If I was in charge, I might have done things differently," Ronaldo said. "Di Maria and Xabi were very important for us, but they are no longer here and we must be happy with the new players." And while he moved to temper his comments by insisting "I'm sure it will all go well," he has since added that he could one day return to Manchester United. "I love Manchester, everybody knows that. I have said it many times: Manchester is in my heart," he told the Daily Mail. "I left many good friends there, the supporters are amazing and I wish I can come back one day." But Perez has moved to quell fears of a rift between the pair by claiming all is well with Ronaldo. "There are zero disagreements," he told the media at the announcement of Madrid's accounts for season 2013-14. "I know Cristiano very well. Besides being the world's best, his loyalty is unquestionable. "Cristiano didn't question the club's policies or ambitions." Perez added that the two controversial sales were made with good reason. "Real Madrid made Di Maria the best offer we could, we offered him the maximum cap. No player at this club had such income [as Di Maria demanded] except for Ronaldo. "Xabi is almost at the end of his career and wants to manage it in his own way. His position will be well covered by Toni Kroos and Asier Illarramendi in the future." The president also insisted that it was coach Carlo Ancelotti who had the final say in the club's decision not to attempt to sign Radamel Falcao from Monaco before the striker signed a loan agreement with Manchester United. "Falcao is a great player who we have thought about signing in the past as well as this summer. But we decided not to sign him and the decision was largely based on the opinion of the coach."

0 comments:

Post a Comment