Tuesday 9 September 2014

Benatia: Chelsea & Manchester City also wanted me

Bayern Munichdefender Mehdi Benatia has revealed that Chelsea and Manchester City were also keen to sign him after Roma decided to sell the him this summer.
The Morocco international was heavily linked with Premier League sides throughout the summer transfer window, with Barcelona and Real Madrid also keen, before he eventually moved to the Allianz Arena.
"Manchester City and Chelsea wanted me, while there were also approaches from Real Madrid and Barcelona," Benatia was quoted as saying byKicker.
"I discussed my future with Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini. He told me that the club wanted to hold on to me, but that they needed the money from a sale. That annoyed me, because I initially wanted to stay put.
"But let it be clear, I was happy to join Bayern Munich. I like Munich - even if it's a bit cold here."
The 27-year-old then went on to stress that he doesn't feel any extra pressure because of his €26m pricetag.
"It doesn't make any difference for me whether I join a club on a free transfer or for a big fee," the centre-half insisted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment