Thursday 27 March 2014

Wazobia FM’s Akas Baba recounts his kidnap experience____Kindly Follow us on twitter @tunmishesblog

Wazobia FM presenter,Anthony Akatakpo aka Akas Baba who was held captivefor seven days by his kidnappers, recounts his ordeal in their hands after heregained his freedom.
According to Akas Baba, it was not a good experience and he wouldn't wish it on anybody.
He said the kidnappers blindfolded him and took him to an uncompleted building located inside a forest and they brought a doctor who treated the gunshot wound they had inflicted on him.
He was fed only fufu, bread and water.
He said, "The two men that kept watch on me were friendly. Each time I wanted to visit the toilet, they allowed me to go without much fuss. But I had to obtain permission from them first. I was scared that if I did not do that, they might do something bad to me. Even if I wanted to sneeze or cough, I had to take permission from them or they would misinterpret my action as an attempt to send signals to rescuers lurking around the hide-out."
He said the abductors blamed the government for their involvement in kidnapping, saying if government had created job opportunities, they would not have been involved in crime.
He added that they apologised for shooting him and asked him to beg members of his family, especially his wife, on their behalf to pardon them for the pains they caused during the period he was held in captivity.
Akatakpo however urged government at all levels to take the issue of job creation seriously in order to stem the tide of kidnapping and armed robbery in this country

0 comments:

Post a Comment