Friday 29 November 2013

FOOTBALL: BREAKING NEWS: Galliani announces imminent Milan exit

Adriano Galliani has announced that he plans to resign as AC MilanCEO after the Serie A giants' last game of the Champions League group stages at home against Ajax on December 11.

The 69-year-old had come under fire in recent months following theRossoneri's disappointing performances and a number of reports already suggested that he was ready to throw in the towel after falling out with board member Barbara Berlusconi.

Galliani has now confirmed that he is indeed set to step down from his position, although he has voiced his frustration with the way things have gone in the past few weeks.

"I will resign in the next few days, probably after the match against Ajax," Galliani said.

"I will leave the club either with or without compensation. I understand that there comes a moment where it's time for change, but not like this. My reputation has been damaged. This should have been treated a bit more delicately.

"I don't know yet how my future will look like. I will take some time off first and then I will make a decision."

Galliani had been Milan CEO ever since 1986 and saw the San Siro giants win five European Cups/Champions Leagues during his tenure as well as eight Serie A titles.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment