Friday 1 August 2014

Thibaut Courtois says he wants to learn from Petr Cech

Thibaut Courtois has a battle on his hands for the No 1 spot at Chelsea - and the Belgian 'keeper wants to learn everything he can from his rival Petr Cech to make it in the Premier League.
The 22-year-old is back in training with his parent club after three years on loan with Spanish champions Atletico Madrid and he admits it's good to be back as he looks to achieve his 'dream' of playing in England's top tier.
But while Courtois has been lauded as the world's best young 'keeper by Jose Mourinho he still has a tough fight on his hands from Chelsea's No 1 Cech.

And the young pretender says he is already learning from the incumbent, 10 years his senior, as he looks to snatch a spot in the Blues side from him.
'Petr has had a really nice 10 years here,' Courtois told Chelsea TV. 'He's one of the best goalkeepers in the world.
'Every goalkeeper can have a type of thing they are usually good at so when you see them train you can learn from them. It helps you during your training.
'I signed with Chelsea three years ago but because of the loan it took until today to have my first training session, so I'm really happy to be here.
'There will be a battle to be in the starting XI but that's good. It helps the players to improve themselves to play even better so that's perfect.'

Mourinho has already said he hopes to give Courtois his debut in Chelsea's next pre season friendly against Werder Bremen on Sunday, and it looks as though the two contenders for the No 1 jersey will play a half each as they begin their battle for their boss' affections.
'Physically, I've had three weeks off. I had a good recuperation and I don't think I lost a lot of the condition that I need to be ready for the games,' the young 'keeper said.
'I gained a lot of experience (at Atletico) playing some important games. Every aspect of being a goalkeeper i improved myself. i learned a lot.
'I always dreamed when I was younger to play in the Premier League so hopefully I can do that soon.'

Source:DailyMail

0 comments:

Post a Comment