Monday 18 August 2014

Jose Mourinho reveals his regrets about playing career...

Jose Mourinho has indicated that he was born to be a manager
and has no regrets about not making it at the highest-level.
Widely regarded as one of the finest coaches to have graced the
game, Mourinho played for Portuguese sides Rio Ave, Belenenses
and Sesimbra but ended his playing career in his mid-twenties
and began focusing on management.
Speaking with comedian David Baddiel for the Radio Times, asked
whether he tried to make it as a player, the Chelsea manager said:
'I didn’t try. As every young kid likes football, I don’t think at ten
years old a kid wants to be a manager. A kid wants to be a player.

'The feeling I was getting was that I can play – at the professional
level. Low level, second division. But that’s not what I was born
for.'
Having retired from the playing side of the game in his twenties -
just as Brian Clough had, another managerial legend - Mourinho
was asked whether failing to make it as a player spurred him onto
become a great manager.
Unequivocal in his repsonse, the former Real Madrid and Inter
Milan manager said: 'No. I never felt that. I never felt any kind of
frustration for not be a… no, never, never.'

Close to a number of his former and current players, Mourinho
admits he does not set out to build such relationships.
Asked whether he inspires such commitment from his players, the
'Special One' said: 'Yes but it’s something that I don’t work to be
like. It just happens.
'What I want the players to feel really is that I am a very good
coach. I don’t want them to respect me because I am what you
say in England a lot, "the Gaffer".'

Source: dailymail

0 comments:

Post a Comment