Friday 29 August 2014

Ronaldo: If I told you what I really thought about Messi, I'd have to go to prison

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo joked that he would be sent to prison if he commented on FIFA's decision to hand rival Lionel Messi the Golden Ball at the World Cup.
Ronaldo, who won UEFA's European Player of the Year award on Thursday, refused to comment on the Argentina captain being named the star of the tournament in Brazil in the summer.
Messi helped his side to the World Cup final, where the South Americans were beaten 1-0 in the final, but Ronaldo hinted that he felt the Barcelona man was not a worthy winner of the award.
Ronaldo, speaking to P ortuguese TV channel TVI, joked about Messi: 'If I said everything that I think, I would be in prison,' before laughing the comment off.
The Real star continued: 'Everyone can see, make their own judgements, the people in the world of football are intelligent.
'It would be a very interesting question for him. I cannot be honest about it.
'Each one does his job, each one delivers his best. Both want to be the best. For me, in my mind, I am the best.'
Messi scored four goals and claimed one assist during the World Cup and was electric during the group stage.

Source: dailymail

0 comments:

Post a Comment