Friday 29 August 2014

" Madrid have made a mistake selling Di Maria "

Barcelonamidfielder Javier Mascheranobelieves that Real Madridhave made a massive mistake by selling Angel Di Maria.
The European champions could pocket a grand total of €84 million from the winger's move to Old Trafford, which was completed earlier this week.
However, Mascherano believes that his fellow Argentine will be sorely missed at the Santiago Bernabeu.
"It's not an issue that concerns me but I think they've lost out," Mascherano toldMundo Deportivo.
"He's a player I like a lot. He's among the top 10 in the world.
"He adds balance to attack and defend and has a great engine. You can use him in many positions."
Mascherano looked set to switch clubs himself at the end of last season, with Napoli having been hopeful of luring the versatile defender to the San Paolo.
However, after a stellar World Cup campaign, the 30-year-old ultimately signed a contract extension with Barcelona, much to Mascherano's delight, given that he did not want to endure a divorce as difficult as the one he went through with former club Liverpool.
"A relationship with a club is like a marriage," he mused. "The two sides have to get along. If in doubt, it's better to talk about it and not come to the worst.
"I remember leaving Liverpool not as I would have liked and I would regret it for a lifetime if the same thing happened to me with Barca.
"The club sensed something at the end of the season. Obviously I'm very grateful I was told I could continue.
"Before the World Cup I had a short conversation [with coach Luis Enrique] that let me know they wanted me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment