Monday 27 January 2014

JUAN MATA - HIS FIRST INTERVIEW AS A MAN UNITED PLAYER: When I heard that Moyes wanted to sign me, I just thought 'wow'...

Manchester United's record signing Juan Mata has vowed to win the Barclays Premier League with his new club and believes he can live up to his £37m price tag.
Mata will be unveiled at a press conference at his new club early on Monday afternoon after joining from Chelsea over the weekend.
And the Spain midfielder is ready to feature against Cardiff at Old Trafford on Tuesday night after telling manager David Moyes he is willing to play in any of the three positions behind the central striker.
'I know it is a big price but I'm confident that everything is going to be OK,' said Mata.
'I will try my best as I always have done. The squad and the manager are very good and the fans are unbelievable – we have everything to be successful.
'When I heard of United's interest I thought: "Wow".
'This is a team that has won a lot of leagues in the history of the Premier League and English league. It's amazing knowing that a club like Manchester United is interested in you. It's a good feeling.
'I would like to win the Premier League. It's a very special trophy for every player that plays in this country. At this club I believe you can achieve anything.
'I will try my best. I am still young and have been lucky to win some trophies, but I want to win a lot more.
'First of all I just want to be playing! I love to play.
'But I think I can play in the three positions behind the striker.
'I played on the left when I arrived at Chelsea, this season I have played on the right and last season, which was probably the best season of my career, I played behind the striker. But it doesn't matter as long as I play.'
Mata has revealed that conversations with United goalkeeper David de Gea, his Spain team-mate, encouraged him to move to Manchester.
He added: 'David de Gea has been texting me in the last few days saying, "When are coming, when are you landing?"
'He said, "Are you coming by helicopter or by bicycle?"
'I am here now and I am very happy to be here, particularly with David because he is a very good friend, an amazing goalkeeper and a top guy. He was important for me in terms of coming here.
'Obviously for a player like me who is trying to score goals, assist goals and be a creative player it's going to be amazing to play with Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Adnan (Januzaj), (Antonio) Valencia, Chicharito (Javier Hernandez), (Danny) Welbeck.
'They are all top-level players and I will try to do the best for the team.'

0 comments:

Post a Comment