Sunday 13 October 2013

Unstoppable Vettel makes it nine wins in 2013

Sebastian Vettel made it five wins out of five in Japan but the quartet of world titles will have to wait until India in two weeks' time.
Fernando Alonso's fourth place finish in Suzuka means Vettel's celebrations remain on hold. But at least Vettel managed to put one over team-mate Mark Webber, even if the spectators were robbed of a late fight between the pair thanks to a stunning drive from Romain Grosjean in the Lotus.
Speaking after the race, Vettel said: 'I'm blown away by today's race.'
Lap classification
1) Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)
2) Mark Webber (Red Bull)
3) Romain Grosjean (Lotus)
4) Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
5) Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus)
6) Nico Hulkenberg (Sauber)
7) Esteban Gutierrez (Sauber)
8) Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
9) Jenson Button (McLaren)
10) Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
'I had a very poor start, I clipped my front wing and Lewis had a puncture, but after that I looked after the tyres and had incredible pace, so overall fantastic. I'm so overwhelmed.
'I've won here four times now, which is incredible.
'As for the championship we have a good gap, so we'll still keep pushing. It looks good at this stage, but it's not over until it's over.'
Webber, in his final year in F1, knew he had a chance of claiming a victory.
'The race was pretty good, although I'd like one more step on the podium,' said Webber.
'Seb went longer in his first stint, and that made the difference, but I'm pretty happy with second. I got the best out of what I could.'


Like our facebook page ; tunmishe s blog
Follow us on twitter @tunmishesblog
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment