Tuesday 29 October 2013

'I phoned Victoria and spoke to her': Naomi Campbell reveals how she confronted friend Victoria Beckham on lack of black models in her shows

You wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of supermodel Naomi Campbell.
But that's arguably just what designer, Victoria Beckham did when she featured only one non-white model in her 30-strong London Fashion Week show.
Naomi, who has helped launch a campaign to expose discrimination in the fashion industry, personally called the former Spice
Girl to discuss the issue after the designer was included on a letter listing all the offending design houses.
She said: 'I called Victoria and I spoke to her. I don't want to pin-point anyone. It isn't a blame game. Everyone's name was on that letter because they'd done it.
'It could have been completely unintentional.
She is one of the designers on there like everyone else.'
It's not known how Victoria responded but whether she makes any changes will become evident when she showcases her next fashion collection.
The pair have repaired their relationship after they first fell out in 2000 when Naomi questioned why Victoria was known as 'Posh'.
Victoria later responded by calling her nemesis a 'massive cow' in her TV show, Victoria's Secrets.
They made up eight years later when Victoria got involved in Naomi's Fashion for Relief Flood campaign and from then the duo remained close.
In 2010, Naomi said: 'I love Victoria
Beckham's dresses. I've worn many of them before. I've also got her jeans. I love her work and she's a great friend and mother.'

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment