Monday 26 May 2014

Torres surprised after making Spain WCup squad

Fernando Torres was a little surprised to hear coach Vicente del Bosque include him in Spain's squad that will likely go to the World Cup.
The Chelsea striker was among 19 players chosen for the defending world champion's friendly against Bolivia on Friday. Del Bosque is expected to name the 23-man squad he takes to Brazil by June 2.
Torres says, "It's been a year since I played for Spain, but I thought I maybe I could make it when he started reading the list yesterday. Now I've got a better chance of going to Brazil."
Torres, who has played in both European Championship finals and the World Cup final won by Spain, says the surprise comes from "it being a strange season for me" after scoring five league goals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment