Saturday 26 July 2014

Tom Cleverley: I'm a Louis van Gaal type of player! That's the spirit Tom!

Tom Cleverley is confident he can revive his Manchester United career because he 'is a (Louis) Van Gaal type of player'.
The midfielder struggled under David Moyes last season starting on just 18 Premier League games but is convinced he can thrive under new manager Van Gaal.
'I watched the manager's Holland team in the World Cup and from that I think I'm going to be his type of player,' said Cleverley.
'I have to show that in training and most importantly games. I think there's a place for me but I have to prove it.'
Cleverley missed out on a place in Roy Hodgson's World Cup squad but says the time off has helped him.
He said: 'I managed to have a good break and recharge my batteries. Now we're back and all trying to impress the boss.
'We know what he wants – a passing and moving style. He's very clear and we have a good group of lads who are willing to learn. We made a good start the other night and we'll see how we go from there.'
Cleverley played 45 minutes in Manchester United's 7-0 win over LA Galaxy on Thursday and he will get another chance to impress Van Gaal when United take of Roma in a pre-season friendly in Denver on Saturday.

Source:DailyMail

0 comments:

Post a Comment