Tuesday 29 July 2014

Abou Diaby admits he considered retiring over his latest injury hell

Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby has revealed he considered retiring over his latest injury hell.
Diaby played just 16 minutes of football last season in the final league game against Norwich, spending the entire year recovering from a serious knee injury sustained during the 2012/13 campaign.
The midfielder's career has been cursed by injuries, accumulating 39 different problems since joining in 2006.

And the Frenchman has admitted the idea of hanging up his boots did cross his mind as he fought his latest injury setback.
'Did I consider quitting? Yes, sometimes it crossed my mind but my love of football is so big that I just couldn't quit,' he said
'I am still young and now that I have an opportunity to play again I want to take it.
'It's great to be playing again and it's a good feeling. I am just happy to be back and playing. Now I just hope I can keep like this and continue playing.'
Diaby has played a part in both of Arsenal's pre-season friendlies so far and can expect more action in the Emirates Cup.

Source:DailyMail

0 comments:

Post a Comment