Monday 28 July 2014

Kaka: I was no Real Madrid failure

Kaka has insisted that he has no regrets over his decision to join Real Madridin the summer of 2009 and feels his time at the Santiago Bernabeu side was not a failure.
The attacking midfielder joined Madrid from AC Milan for a fee believed to be in the region of €65 million, but he never really lived up to the high expectations at the Liga giants.
Kaka spent a large part of his time at the Santiago Bernabeu on the bench, yet he still looks back with satisfaction at his spell with Madrid and defended his record in Spain.
"My time at Real Madrid wasn't a failure," Kaka toldGlobo Esporte. "I played 120 matches, I scored 28 goals and I played an average of 30 games a season.
"What's more, I won three trophies: La Liga, a Copa del Rey and a Supercopa de Espana."
The 32-year-old, who recently returned to his boyhood club Sao Paulo on loan, then went on to have his say on former Madrid coach Jose Mourinho and stressed that the Portuguese helped him mature.
"Mourinho helped me grow. He taught me to be patient, to keep fighting and to respect the coach's decisions. He helped me mature and turned me into a man.
"I learned to respect the coach and to do everything within my power to show that I should be the one playing. That's exactly what I did during my three years under Mourinho."
Kaka left Milan this summer, ending a one-year return stint at San Siro, signing a deal with Orlando City before being loaned out to Sao Paulo until the start of 2015.

Source:goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment