Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Lewandowski is the world's best striker, says Lahm

Bayern Munich skipper Philipp Lahm believes that Robert Lewandowski is
arguably the best striker in the world today.
The Poland international joined the
German champions on a free transfer
from Borussia Dortmund in July, with
his arrival prompting the departure of Mario Mandzukic to Atletico
Madrid.
Lahm does not think that the latter, who served Bayern well, will be
missed, as he feels that Lewandowski will prove an instant hit at the
Allianz Arena.
"Robert is currently one of the best strikers in the world, if not the
best," the versatile defender told Munchner Merkur .
"He's more than an adequate replacement for Mario Mandzukic. I
think he will settle quickly with us. We have a top squad with no
weak points in terms of quality."
Lewandowski is due to make his competitive debut against his old
club in the DFL-Supercup on Wednesday and Lahm is keen to win
even more silverware after two years of success with both club and
country.
"I'm absolutely addicted to winning and I'm motivated to repeat this
success," Germany's World Cup-winning captain stated. "Victory is
the goal.
"If we play as well as we did last year [in the Bundesliga] then I'm
sure we'll be champions again."

source: goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment