Friday 30 August 2013

READ: Don Jazzy’s Hat Of Three Feathers By Godwin Onwuka

I have been watching @DonJazzy from a distance for a while now and I have also grown to love him more.
I've read a couple of his interviews post Mo'Hits and I have noticed that he has never been too harsh in describing D'banj or their past business relationship.
From the sideline as a non-entertainment industry player, I kept praying for the MAVIN to prove Don Jazzy the better party.
Few months ago, D'banj's camp sent out a message about his endorsement to Etisalat, I was angry and jealous, I mean why will a big brand like that waste money by signing a dying brand? I kept wondering if the corporate department of the network were not ashamed to pick up where GLO Stopped.
However, when I read on the blogs that Etisalat did not sign him, I had a mini party at home with my wife and 2 beautiful girls.
I kept praying for Don Jazzy to do something new or even sign a new artiste to replace D'banj and once again prove that his beats made D'banj and not the other way round.
My prayers weren't answered as the blogs started with the rumours of Wande Coal leaving MAVIN. I didn't know where or how to confirm it, I opened a tab on my tweet deck for Don Jazzy and kept monitoring it to see if he would confirm the rumors, He never said anything to deny or confirm it but still I kept waiting .
I didn't have to wait for long for my prayers to be answered as earlier tonight, I saw a tweet from Don Jazzy confirming that he has been signed as an Ambassador by MTN. I was over joyed and I quickly called my in law at the corporate affairs'department at MTN to confirm if the really endorsed Don Jazzy and he said yes"He was endorsed for N100Million while D'Prince was endorsed for N30Million.
Right now, I'm overjoyed and don't really care if Wande Coal leaves or not, I mean Don Jazzy is the only Producer in Africa that he been endorsed by three different brands. It's outstanding and worthy of praise.
Some days, I listen to the old D'banj's music and remember the times every club plays at the least 15 Don Jazzy produced songs every night.
Don Jazzy may not know me, Don Jazzy has only retweeted me once but I follow him because he's my role model. Let me ask him, how does it feel calling Onome on your MTN Line, watching Samsung TV and drinking Loya Milk?
We should learn to celebrate our own.
Congratulation to Don Jazzy and D'prince, More feathers to your caps.
Godwin Onwuka, Lagos
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment