Mikel Arteta believes Arsenal will be 'far more difficult to handle' this season following the signing of the 'tremendous' Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona.
The Gunners ended a nine-year trophy drought by winning the FA Cup in May, and after Sanchez's £30million switch was announced on Thursday afternoon, the Spanish midfielder said it would provide a huge boost for the club.
'I'm very positive about next season. What the club has done today, signing Alexis Sanchez, is great,' said Arteta, speaking at the launch of Arsenal's new kit at Puma's flagship store in Carnaby Street.
'I know Alexis very well because I am a Barcelona fan and he has been tremendous in the last 12 months.
'I spoke to him this morning. He said is very excited and wants to get involved as soon as possible and hopefully he can deliver.'
'He is a player who is going to give us a boost and increase the scoring capacity of the team.'
Arteta said Sanchez will offer the kind of threat Arsenal were missing at times last season, particularly following injuries to attacking players like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott and Aaron Ramsey.
'Arsenal is a club that is very good on the break, very good at exploiting space. I think with Sanchez we will be much more difficult to handle,' he added.
'I think we have been missing that pace in behind. Sometimes we played with Cazorla, Giroud, Wilshere up front – and we had no pace.'
'Hopefully bringing in a player like Sanchez means we will only get better. We are going to need to do that because the other top teams are strengthening and it is going to be a very exciting Premier League,' he said.
Source:DailyMail






0 comments:
Post a Comment