Friday, 11 July 2014

I was within inches of being paralysed: Neymar breaks down in tears in emotional farewell to Brazil

Brazil star Neymar could not hold back the tears as he revealed he had come within a few inches of being paralysed.
Neymar, giving his first press conference after being hospitalised with a fractured vertebrae in Brazil's World Cup quarter-final win over Colombia, also said he disagreed with his agent for calling coach Luiz Felipe Scolari 'a repulsive and conceited old jerk'.
The 22-year-old also revealed Colombia defender Juan Zuniga had called him to apologise for the knee in the back that initially left him unable to feel his legs.
'Zuniga called me a few days later to apologise and to tell me that he did not intend to hurt me,' Neymar said. 'I accept his apology, but I cannot consider that a normal action.
'I cannot say whether it was intentional, but everyone knows it wasn't normal. The way he came in, behind me, I couldn't defend myself.
'I thank God for helping me, because if that blow had been a few inches lower I would have risked being paralysed.'
Neymar added that he could not conceive what had gone wrong in Brazil's 7-1 semi-final defeat by Germany.
He said: 'What has happened is inexplicable. But even at 6-0, 7-0 down, they did not give up, they kept running, kept trying.
'I'm not ashamed to be Brazilian and I'm not ashamed to be part of this team. I am proud of every one of my team-mates.'


Source:DailyMail

0 comments:

Post a Comment